Friday, September 19, 2014

Mini Block Push Pull EL84 6BQ5 Valve Amplifiers

It has been a while since I did anything really crazy in DIY and had it work out far above my expectations. Such is the case for the Mini Blocks. I had a lot of extra parts lying around (really a huge amount of them) and tried to figure out what I could build. Two small chassis about 5 inches by 9 inches by 2 inches (12.5 X 22.5 X 5 cm) were just begging for a project. They are just the right size for lots of things. I first thought of a pair of SET amps.

Mini Block Push-Pull EL84 (6BQ5) Valve Amplifiers

But since I didn’t have any suitable single ended output transformers I nixed that idea. A preamp perhaps could be built on one of the chassis. Since I have many preamplifiers now that didn’t really get the nod either. A pair of small push-pull amplifiers was next on the list. Maybe, but I have so many amps now that it doesn’t make sense either. Since this hobby doesn’t always have to make sense, that is what I built. [Link]

0 comments:

Post a Comment